Menu
Ds24215605
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

additional v6 box wont connect

Hi, my v6 box in my second room wont connect/ I havent used it for a while. When i start it up i get a connection unsussefful message?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: additional v6 box wont connect

Hi Ds24215605,

If a box hasn't been used for a while, generally around 30 days or more then it is deactivated by VM and you will need to call up and arrange for it to be reactivated.

You can try calling 0800 953 9500 to reactivate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and reactivation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

Ds24215605
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

3 days i have been trying to get through to the call centre. i texted on the virgin number and started a conversation with someone (at around 1400hrs) i am still texting at 1700 hrs trying to get it fixed? He has just gone on lunch for 30 mins??! I have explained 3 times now what the problem is but i dont think whoever the person is at the other end understands? if it doesnt get sorted in the next hour i am going to Sky its ridiculous. Spent an hour and half waiting on phone yesterday only to get cut off without talking to anyone.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is the second V6 connected to your Hub by ethernet cable or on wifi? If by wifi - it may just have dropped out it often happens on the poor wifi from Hubs.

Go to Home>Help>Settings>Network>Connection and remake the connection to your wifi.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Ds24215605
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

its connected by an ethernet cable

0 Kudos
Ds24215605
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

when i turn it on i get the message "Connection Unsuccessful" i have tried restarting about 3 times now but it stops when it tries to upload the software.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You replied above "3 days" - but on rereading its not clear to me from that whether the box has not been used for 3 days or you have been calling in for 3 days - which is it?

newapollo is correct if it has been unused for a month or more they get deactivated and you have to call in to get it back. Calling any VM number is best done at 08.00 as you usually get straight through

Otherwise all I can suggest is to try swapping the ethernet cable in case it has failed (they can do) and check that its co-ax connection is in nice and finger tight (pull it out and replace it) and then if still not working - call it in.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer.

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can a week or more for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos