Menu
online_chrisd01
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

activation issue - green lights, flashing arrows, access denied

Hello, 

I am a new broadband customer and received my Hub3 yesterday but the set-up was not successful and I currently have no internet connection. The bottom light and wifi lights are solid green, whilst the arrows are flashing green. What does this indicate?

First call: tech support informed me that the box had not been activated and "sent some signals" to force the set-up and updates. After waiting the advised time, the issue had still not cleared.

Second call: tech support advised that an engineer would be required since the forced set-up was unsuccessful.

I would like to know if the activation issue can be checked remotely to determine if it is a physical hardware (cable from house, external box, hub3) problem or not. Is this possible through the forum? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: activation issue - green lights, flashing arrows, access denied

if CS are booking a tech then the tests have been done and there is a fault - they do not maintain single connections so whist the system will show there has been an install at that address in the past they cannot and do not know if the connection is good from the cabinet to the wall box

the method to check that is - install a hub - activate it and see if there is a live connection - you have been down that route and it failed

so as crude as the system is thats it - you now need a tech to find out what the problem is

Tony
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: activation issue - green lights, flashing arrows, access denied

Hey @online_chrisd01,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post on our forums.

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with the activation of your new hub and as @

-tony- said in his last post that if the technician has been booked then no further checks would be able to resolve the issue im afraid and a visit would be the only way to resolve the problem.

I can see that this booked in, please do let us know how the visit goes.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos