Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

absolute disgrace

been getting palmed since the 28th of october with a snr outage in my area

paying for 1 gig speed and only getting 90 meg but off and on every hour

taking me an hour to get through to to the faults team then people hanging up on me when i do get through

only team i can get through to is cancelations. funny that ehhh

now the team are saying itll be fixed by the 16th but we all know thats just another palming off

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: absolute disgrace

after hours on the phone and it costing me a fortune ive just had it

ive not had internet since upgrading to 1gig internet 16 days ago

now try to cancel and they are saying its 250 pounds to cancel because im out my cool off period(which ive not had any services)

im asking jess in swansea to pass me to a manager but claire the manager on duty is refusing to speak to me 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

im now down to 82mbit down and 50mbit up

its so unstable i cannot even watch netflix

does anyone actually help on the forums as ive seen many complain about poor speeds and snr problems on 1 gig on here?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@browneyes188 wrote:

im now down to 82mbit down and 50mbit up

its so unstable i cannot even watch netflix

does anyone actually help on the forums as ive seen many complain about poor speeds and snr problems on 1 gig on here?

If you want help from VM staff it's 5-7 days for a response.

Having said that if there is an outstanding fault VM will not send an engineer until its cleared as it could resolve your issue.

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What speeds do you get at >> Sam Knows Real Speed << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

the outstanding fault has been going on for 2 weeks

they say they will fix every 2 days and it gets extended
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ill do that in a hour bro and post the results back

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

SNR problems are extremely difficult for VM technicians to trace, there are lots of users on a cabinet and they have to analyse each circuit. Often the problems are caused by users who make unauthorised amendments to the VM infrastructure by extending or modifying the cables within their premises. This is the reason why it’s against the T&C and should NEVER be attempted. I know it’s extremely frustrating until it’s fixed, but it’s not just an unplug this and then plug in this type of solution. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos