Menu
James2021
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You've installed a box on my house but I'm not a customer

I was somewhat confused this afternoon when I found hole drilled into my garden wall, a cable running down my garden fence and a large brown box fitted to my house.

After some investigation it appears that an installation was ordered by (X) Middle Row and you've instead installed it at my address (X) Top Row.

Firstly, it's quite alarming that your installers don't make a basic check that they're attending the correct property before they start drilling, it seems especially irresponsible to enter someone's property without checking when there is such a serious situation with Coronavirus.

You've drilled a hole through my garden wall for the cable, which has damaged a brick face and will need patching up.

I'm not sure the damage under the box on the house wall looks like, I'm hoping the brick face hasn't cracked under there and the damage is limited to four holes drilled into my house.

Not really sure who to contact about this as there's no phone number on the box. The person who was meant to have the installation says they are returning Friday to complete the installation, but I won't be at home.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: You've installed a box on my house but I'm not a customer

I have asked VM to take a look here.

But call it in on 150 (VM Phone or mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) and see what they say when they look at the details. Calling at 08.00 midweek -- is the best time to get through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello James2021

This is not good at all 

Can I send you a private message to get some details from you 

That way I can then feed this back 

Make sure the property is left as it was before the installation 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 

Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks James2021

I have sent a copy of the post and your contact details to the Install Managers for your area

If you can keep an eye on out Mobile please 

Also if I have an update from here, I will let you know 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
James2021
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gareth

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello James2021

Just a quick message to see if you have been contacted yet?

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
James2021
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,

I managed to get in touch with the guy who installed it via the person who was supposed to have it installed, I'm assuming anyway, I found a phone number left on my note in the box.

He's coming to remove the equipment at some point.

I'm assuming whoever you passed my details to will be in touch about fixing the damage, otherwise I'll chase it up with that guy.

James

0 Kudos