cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You're not with Virgin Media anymore

SquareCube
Joining in

I recently moved house and before moving made the decision to go with Virgin Media for my internet as they offered by far the quickest speeds in my area.

Shortly after placing my order with them they text me to say they needed to do some work outside the house but would not need any internal access. After a couple of days some green spray painted marks appeared on the pavement outside the house. The property doesn’t currently have a virgin connection to assumed this was contractors marking out the work to get me connected. A few days later I had a call to schedule a visit from an engineer to get me connected, this was then pushed back a week. After a taking a day off work to ensure someone was around to meet with the engineer no one turned up. Virgin apologised and said they needed the work outside to be completed before they could get me installed, which I understood.

with no further communication from Virgin Media my installation date was then changed on the app/website to Nan/Nan/Nan which having looked through the forums meant there was no precise for the required works as they were waiting on 3rd party contractors to install the line to my house. My neighbours and my house have all received letters from Virgin media advising they wish to do work in the road and could sign an agreement to confirm this was okay.

I have this morning gone to check to see if there was any update on my installation only to find the following message on my account “You're not with Virgin Media anymore
If there's any information you want to grab from your account, you have 90 days from your disconnection date to do so. Please make sure you retrieve all your important emails and files before this time.”

My account is also showing that I have no orders active or pending.

Not really sure what to do next

thanks in advance 

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reverse your decision to go with VM.  They are pretty useless now.

If you can get fibre from openreach that's where I'd recommend.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @SquareCube,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry about the recent failed installation.

I was able to locate your account, I have some information that I need to tell you but I will bring you into a private message.

Please look out for the purple envelope at the top right of your page.

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide