cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yodel

JNelson
Tuning in

Hello forum, 

So I’ve just moved into my first home, gone through registration with Virgin Media, got the Tv and Wi-Fi package so I need both of them delivered. 

I’ve had my welcome email, direct debit email, and so forth. Then I was advised I shall have delivery thursday (1st sep) of the box and Wi-Fi hub by Yodel, 

I have been waiting at home for the past two days without any update at all from yodel. When I contacted their customer service they just said they don’t know where the package is as it hasn’t been scanned and cannot give me any rough delivery time. 

My account on “My Virgin Media” is showing as all set up, so my account number, billing information and so on. So I’m a little unsure what I need to do next. Other than wait, it just means I can’t leave the house at all. I desperately need the Wi-Fi as I’ve run out of 4G hotspot and cannot take my desktop to a cafe or anything to get more. I require Wi-Fi for my work and am currently losing money by not having this Wi-Fi. 

Would someone be able to look into this for me? The Virgin Media App now shows no orders waiting to be processed and due to be delivered but I have had no update at all as to when. Yodel just says ‘unavailable’. With this delay, it’s becoming more and more appealing to scrap the Wi-Fi and go with another provider who can provide the Wi-Fi asap. I cannot wait for much longer! I understand sometimes shipping takes longer but I have had no update from guaranteeing Thursday. 

thank you for your time. 

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JNelson,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that this has been your experience with our services so far!

I can see that you've been in touch with our team to discuss this issue further. Can you confirm if this issue has been resolved, or is there anything else we can do to help you today? 

Please let us know. We'll be more than happy to assist if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello,

I'm having the same problem, my quickstart package should be delivered today. On the app it says it has been processed and dispatched, however I have no recieved any emails or texts from Yodel.

Could someone please assist me with this.

@Paulina_Z
Hi Paulina,

I'm sorry to say that this issue still has not been resolved. We have been in touch with the team, and are supposed to be getting a new box on Friday, two weeks after initial order. However it is again through yodel so we are highly doubtful it will actually turn up. We have already had one failed yodel with no update from them. We are worried this one will be no different. 

We requested a technician to drop the equipment off however this was unavailable until the end of the month. The previous owner had virgin media so we simply need to box (Wi-Fi and tv). 

Both of us work from home and are currently losing money by not having Wi-Fi, which as you can appreciate in this time is especially challenging. Is there any way we can actually have the box delivered in the near future. If the box is not delivered by yodel within the expected time frame and we have further issues, we will seriously have to consider swapping providers. 

Thank you for getting back to me,

JNelson

@Paulina_Z
Hi Paulina,

I'm sorry to say that this issue still has not been resolved. We have been in touch with the team, and are supposed to be getting a new box on Friday, two weeks after initial order. However it is again through yodel so we are highly doubtful it will actually turn up. We have already had one failed yodel with no update from them. We are worried this one will be no different. We are still yet to receive any information about the package supposedly being delivered on Friday. No confirmation apart from over the phone at all

We requested a technician to drop the equipment off however this was unavailable until the end of the month. The previous owner had virgin media so we simply need to box (Wi-Fi and tv). 

Both of us work from home and are currently losing money by not having Wi-Fi, which as you can appreciate in this time is especially challenging. Is there any way we can actually have the box delivered in the near future. If the box is not delivered by yodel within the expected time frame and we have further issues, we will seriously have to consider swapping providers. 

Thank you for getting back to me,

JNelson

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JNelson,

Thanks for the update on this. I'm really sorry to hear things still aren't resolved. I've taken a look at things on our end and can see that the equipment is due to be delivered. Unfortunately, we don't have the option to provide delivery via an alternative courier - it would be either through YODEL, or a Technician visit - which at the moment, can take longer than expected, due to an increase in demand.

So I can provide you with a full update, including tracking details, I'm going to send you a private message. Please look out for it in the top-right, in the purple envelope.

@Samba2001, thank you for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums. I've had a look into this for you, and can see that you have since received your equipment, and activated this - are things up and running as expected?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ