Menu
raphph
Joining in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Yodel sent SH3 to wrong house and they activated it

Hi there

Very annoying issue. My new super hub 3 was supposed to arrive today along with switching over to m350. 

The yodal driver knocked on my door with my package and said he’d accidentally given my order to another house. He then went to other house and switched the packages back to correct address. 

The problem is I already received texts saying “thank you for activating” and my hub had already been opened by the other house. Now when I connect the hub to my house. The internet doesn’t work at all and the phone line support says “it’s been activated”. 

The old internet package I had was disconnected by the activation of the new account. And I’m now without internet. And it’s Saturday evening. What do I do next? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yodel sent SH3 to wrong house and they activated it

If the new Hub has been activated onto your account your old Hub will have simultaneously been deactivated - have you actually tested whether the old one works or not? If it doesn't and the new Hub is still flashing green power light - then the activation hasn't gone through yet. Leave it connected and see if it automagically happens. try the odd reboot along the way.

If no joy, call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Calling now is worth a go but may be "optimistic" - call at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

Or, text the same details to 07533 051809 - responses are slower though

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
raphph
Joining in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

• The box was activated by the neighbours who received my box in error. I received the text messages then and that’s exactly when my old SH2 stopped working. Therefore the SH3 hub has been activated already but not whilst connected to my line. 
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

@raphph wrote:
  • The box was activated by the neighbours who received my box in error. I received the text messages then and that’s exactly when my old SH2 stopped working. Therefore the SH3 hub has been activated already but not whilst connected to my line. 

Were they expecting a HUB?

0 Kudos
raphph
Joining in
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Yes. The yodal guy sent mine to them. They opened it. Then he retrieved it and gave them the correct one. And mine was handed to me having been opened already. Shambles 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

@raphph wrote:

Yes. The yodal guy sent mine to them. They opened it. Then he retrieved it and gave them the correct one. And mine was handed to me having been opened already. Shambles 

Can you not swap back, or have they already activated the other HUB?

0 Kudos
raphph
Joining in
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I don’t know them or which neighbour and they would have activated their new box because I never got to open their box. 

0 Kudos
raphph
Joining in
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

So what is the best department to contact in light of the fact that my box has been activated already at the wrong house and now won’t work at mine? Is it still the activation line ? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I will ask VM to take a look here,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
raphph
Joining in
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Phoned virgin and got through finally (it cut off four times) and they tried resetting box twice and still has a flashing green internet light and nothing. And now they’ve booked an engineer for the 18th which is earliest. Utterly appalling that a courier mistake has taken my internet away for over a week. At a loss what to do next. 

0 Kudos