Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yodel are useless, VM more so

I ordered a quick start last week, supposed to be delivered Friday, when I was moving to the new address.  Supposed to go to a drop-off as I was buzzing about getting the new flat sorted.  Got a text in the afternoon saying the delivery would be the next day due to circumstances beyond their control.  Fair enough.

But the text also promised it would be delivered the next day.  I'm still buzzing about the place in a van getting sorted, but no email at all.  So I check the email I had about the delivery, and there's a link to the tracking.  My package was "misrouted" back to the main depot on Friday, Yodel's mistake, and needs to come back up to Scotland before going to the drop-off.  Only today showing as coming back up too.  Why does a company like Virgin use one of the most clueless courier companies to deliver their equipment?

And when I phone VM to ask about it, I get a response of "you just have to wait", they're just as bad.

I need the internet to work from home, as I have been doing since March due to COVID, and I can't watch TV either as there's no outside aerial.  Bloody joke!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yodel are useless, VM more so

If internet access is 'mission critical' you could look at getting a 3G / 4G / 5G data dongle from a Mobile company, or more data on your mobile contract, or a cheap BT Line or maybe a Business contract with the better SLAs and free 4G Dongle for when there are problems.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@KamikazeBob wrote:

Why does a company like Virgin use one of the most clueless courier companies to deliver their equipment?

Maybe their the only ones that said yes?

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Right, I swear I'm being cursed by something, probably the ex.

Check my tracking yesterday morning, and it's showing being sent back to national hub in the Midlands again, so Yodel have **bleep**ed up, right?  So I call VM to complain and try and sort it, they order another pack to come on Thursday, and I go about making arrangements for working from the ex's home seeing as I can't do it from my own.

Then last night, phone goes off with a text and email telling me the original package has arrived at the drop-off store!!  So I head down and pick it up - not easy on a motorbike - and try to get it all installed before bedtime so I can re-arrange plans.  Nothing works.  Try to call, but everyone shut for the night who could help.  So call this morning, wait on hold for 25 minutes before getting through to someone to try and get it all activated.

Apparently they can't/won't activate until Thursday, the date the new pack is coming, despite the stuff sitting ready to go, and I need to wait for the new pack.  This seems extremely stupid to me, I was going to cancel the newer pack if I could get things going today.  

I also asked the question - 3 times at least - as to what I'm supposed to do with the stuff I got last night, seeing as they won't do anything just now, and they couldn't answer.  Some of the most clueless folk on the planet work in call centres....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I can see 2 possible reasons here . . . 

You requested another pack, so they have changed your contract date to Thursday, and they couldn't possibly allow you to use the services before the contract start date. They could just change the contract start date but that's extra work they don't want to do and it's far easier and quicker to tell you to wait. 

Some boxes are now being shipped out 'activated', meaning when you requested the second one the previous hub was marked as lost and so won't work if you connect it anyway (you've found this out) and so you need to connect the new one. Again, they could reactivate the old one, but again, that's extra work. Nobody likes extra work. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @KamikazeBob

Sorry about the issues with your self-installation delivery; I have located your new account from your forum information and can see that all seems to have been activated for you on 5th November - I hope that is the case for you at your end? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorted eventually, aye
0 Kudos