Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Yellow light on router - Slower speeds!!

Hello all, i have had my package now for about 2 years having the 200mb package, all has been working fine getting 200mb almost always with nothing else really going on, however recently it has dropped to around 80 to 90 and even lower at around 50, of course that is not always the world worst problem as its enough usually but it is really affecting ping as well having just high packet times. Looking at my router it is a noticable yellow light rather than the normal white. Nothing else seems to be different and i have moved nothing and changed nothing for these 2 years. I am ever so confused so i was wondering if anyone had any insight, thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yellow light on router - Slower speeds!!

Could you access your router using http://192.168.0.1/ . Don't log in, select the 'Check Router Status' option and paste your 'Downstream', 'Upstream', and 'Network Log' tabs?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yellow light on router - Slower speeds!!

There have been a few Yellow Light of Doom issues over past months.  The first thing to say is that a pinhole reset should be tried, this could be down to a corrupt operating version of the firmware.  A full factory reset reloads the firmware, and from a very limited sample it seems to fix about one in five YLoD.  In the other cases it has been replacement hub time.  

As to what it means, we don't know.  Some have suggested an undocumented error status, I'm of the view that a dodgy voltage control circuit is to blame, because that would harm operation of the RF control circuits, and alter the LED colour.

Do the reset (noting that it wipes all and any settings you've made) and let us know what happens.  If you've made a lot of changes to settings that you want to keep, there's a backup utility in the Hub's admin settings, and that works well in my experience.   

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos