cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellow light and internet constantly dropping

Hoskyn
Joining in

Hi all, 

I have just moved into a new home and my internet keeps dropping out at least 4-5 times a day with no reason behind it. I’m at the point where it’s becoming impossible to work from home!

The yellow light is constantly on and I have tried every reset and troubleshoot possible.

I think it might be a case that there are some high upstream and low downstream power levels on a few channels which will require an engineer visit but Cabot arrange one. Any help??

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Lets see the data

Copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

Also, in the meantime... If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.