Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong wall socket?

Tjmed
Joining in

IMG_4756.jpeg

IMG_4750.jpeg

 Hi all, I’ve just received the set up bundle for virgin media after transferring from sky. The old owners of the house had virgin media at some point and these are the connection points. Do we have an old box that doesn’t accept the new cables? Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

That looks like an F-type socket which would be the same as the socket on the back of our VM Hub.

The newer self install cables tend to be push fit but they are supposed to be attached to an F-type socket at the back of the Hub and at the wall.  Have you tried the supplied cable to see if will push on ?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Self install kits come with push fit connectors so you don't need to fiddle about with a spanner. These just push over the exposed threaded outlet you have shown in your picture.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tjmed
Joining in

Thanks for getting back to me - I have tried pushing it in to the socket, but it isn’t accepting the supplied cable. The wall socket has a thread on it, while the cables don’t.

Client62
Legend

We are expecting a push fit cable to slide over the threads of the socket on the wall.
Does the cable supplied fit on to the back of the VM Hub ?

If you can note get the cable attached : Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734. Explain what needs to be done and book an engineer visit.

Tjmed
Joining in

Thanks for your help both - just needed a bit of brute force! All sorted now.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tjmed wrote:

Thanks for your help both - just needed a bit of brute force! All sorted now.

Yes, they are tight. They need to be to make a good connection.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks