cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong wall socket

Linnie1
Joining in

Box arrived today, we have BT Ethernet and phone socket not the round socket.  Could someone let me know if this can be sorted?

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Quick start is only offered to addresses that previously had a service. So it may be the previous occupant has removed what you need to connect.

First thing to check (if you are not in an apartment block or high rise flats) is if there is a box on your front wall where the drop line from the cabinet comes in

It will look something like this, although it may be grey in colour & have another comapny logo (NTL, Telewest, Comtel ETC):

Virgin omniboxVirgin omnibox

The cables from this will either go straight through the wall, or around the house to other entry points.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Self-service QuickStart installs are offered where there's previously been VM service at your address.

If the co-ax connection points aren't in the right locations, you'll need a manned installation. VM staff respond on these boards if you don't mind waiting a few days, otherwise you can book a manned install by calling 0345 4541111 or 0800 0521734

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Linnie1 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community and indeed Virgin Media 🙂

I will send you a PM to book an engineer visit for you to sort this out.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Linnie1 

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to book in the technician visit to sort this out.

Let me know how the visit goes.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill