Menu
Edpratt
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wrong wall box

Hi,

just got m200 broadband deal and have the router and the cables, the wall box that you plug white cable into we have is very old and doesn’t have any sockets that the cable would fit into. Online it said that we already had a wall box but this one doesn’t have the right sockets as it’s very old. It has a slide up panel where a socket is which is rectangular with a notch on the side (not an ethernet port). Please advise on what to do as I believe we need an engineer to fit a new box and I’ve tried calling as well as messaging but haven’t been able to speak to anyone who understood the issue.

thanks very much.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong wall box

That sounds very much like a phone socket. Can you post a photo of it please.

Have a good look around the property for the wall connection, not everyone had them put in the places that you would expect.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Edpratt
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

it won’t seem to let me post a photo as its saying it exceeds the file size limit but I’ve added a link to imgur, we’ve extensively searched the property for the wall socket but cannot find one like is shown in the manual or on the website. There are loose cables coming out of walls with the right connector but arent virgin and when connected the internet works on and off, but at about 5 Mb/s

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZCMxx5i 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The photo is of a phone socket.

If the Hub connects to the other cable that could be Telewest / Yorkshire Cable / NTL it will be the correct one.

To get the Hub to work it needs activating.

Hub Activation number on 0800 953 9500 

Have the Hub Serial Number and Account number to hand when you phone in. 08:00 is the best time.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.