cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong sort of plug for broadband?

Bananacustard
Joining in

I have never set up a virgin broadband box before, and I don’t seem to have the right box on my wall for it. My old broadband hub was with EE and the white cable that connected it to the box was a rectangle one with a push in bit, like an old landline phone. I don’t seem to have any boxes in my house that fit the white round cable provided by Virgin and I don’t know what I do next. Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2

DavidJWalker
Well-informed
i think you have to ring up for a install to put a white box inside to connect the broadband its all around cable with virgin media some self installs does not work if you don't have the connecter inside EE runs though a phone line virgin media has there own network for there services

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Volt bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bananacustard

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I can see you've spoke to the team since posting and had a tech visit. 

Hopefully everything is sorted but if you need further assistance, please let us know.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill