Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wrong direct debit details cannot change online

Hello,

When receiving my direct debit confirmation for the account at my new place after moving home, I noticed the bank details are wrong. They were just not the same as for my old account.

I tried to call as the email instructed but cannot get through because of COVID-19.

I tried to change online with the "change payment method" tab, but it says "currently unable to".

Should I worry about it? What more can I do? What will happen if the direct debit fails?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong direct debit details cannot change online

Hi rpeng,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry that the incorrect direct debit details are showing since you've moved home. We wouldn't like to cause any payments failing for you.

Can you please text our team on 07533051809 and they will be able to update these for you. The replies will not be instant, but the team will get to you as soon as they can.

Thank you,

Keep safe,

Melissa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Melissa,

Thank you. I did, and received the message that I will be contacted, but have not heard back now after a week. Can I arrange payments in other ways to avoid the late payment charge?

In addition, today I received another email, telling me my package has changed and I'm receiving the current package until April 2021. This is related to my moving, but before I move I agreed to keeping the same package ending July 2020. Actually I'm leaving the UK in July this year, so do not want the warm offer of keeping it for longer, so as to avoid early disconnection fees.

After receiving the wrong contract then, I called back, and was told by one of your teams to ignore it, and was reassured that my contract ends in July 2020. But now from the billing email I received today it looks like it is happening. Which should I trust: the call center team member, or the contract I'm seeing now on your website and the emails I'm receiving from virgin media?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi rpeng, 

If you moved your services from your old property to your current one, the original contract remains and please ignore the system generated emails you've been sent. Our system automatically generates them and I apologise for the confusion. For alternative ways to pay, please see this link to make a payment. I'm aware that you may be leaving soon but let us know if you want your Direct Debit details to be updated.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Lisa.

Just to make super sure, are you saying that although I can no longer see the original contract, virgin media will work according to that one, so that I won't be charged an early disconnection fee if I leave when the offer on that one expires?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can't really go into details publicly on here but I can confirm that the original contract before you moved address stands. 

Let me send you a Private Message so we can talk more freely 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos