cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Power Supply

moorw003
Joining in

I have just moved house, and signed up for Virign Broadband. I've gone to set it up today, and the power supply doesn't connect to the hub? Is this a sign to of awful things to come?

What can I do?

6 REPLIES 6

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@moorw003 wrote:

Is this a sign to of awful things to come?

only if they do it three times😮

---------------------------------------------------------------

I rang today. They are sending a new power supply apparently in 3-5 working days. I asked them to waive the setup fee and take a week off my first bill given it'll be a week of non use, and you can't charge a setup fee if you send me the wrong setup but the agent said no. So I said ok I'm in cool off I want to cancel. 

I only give one chance after bad customer service. Sending the wrong item item, and then offering no recompense is twice bitten before I've even had service. What an absolute disgrace of a company 

Calum_
Tuning in

Oh dear.  The exact same thing happened to me last week.  They said they'd send another one, it never showed up.  So they sent another one... Which arrived as the completely wrong cable.  If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I'm leaving.

@moorw003 wrote:

I rang today. They are sending a new power supply apparently in 3-5 working days. I asked them to waive the setup fee and take a week off my first bill given it'll be a week of non use, and you can't charge a setup fee if you send me the wrong setup but the agent said no. So I said ok I'm in cool off I want to cancel. 

I only give one chance after bad customer service. Sending the wrong item item, and then offering no recompense is twice bitten before I've even had service. What an absolute disgrace of a company 

And that is fair enough, now nobody is perfect and mistakes do happen, the issue is how well, or not, these mistakes are handled and rectified. What you have experienced is the typical VM support provision which is entirely geared to handle the 90-95% of cases which are solved by the ‘turn it on and off again’ response, anything beyond that and all bets are off!

So did you actually cancel, was the cancellation accepted?

I was put through to somebody else who tried to persuade me they'd sort it, but I said no. If they can't get it right whilst the threat of leaving exists, what hope when I'm locked in for 18 months. I hate BT, but things have got so bad I think it's time to go back. 

The annoying thing is I shouldn't have needed any broadband. I was 9 months into a Vodafone home broadband contract, rang them to sort a move, and they said there was a problem with the account because they hadn't completed the transaction when I joined so it was still pending. I said so.. I've been using it for 9 months and paying my bill and they said yes, but we can't complete without a credit check. 

I said I wasn't authorising a credit check for a product that I already have and have already got a credit check on file and have been paying for 9 months with my mobile phone contract, but they said you either do the check or leave. I chose to leave on principal. They agreed at least to not charge a termination fee. 

So here we are. One terrible company to another.

I just want to order a product, get the product, plug it in, use it and pay for it.  don't want phone or tv. I don't want to spend time chasing up simple problems. If the service goes down, I'll use my own data, but if the problems are inbedded in terrible IT (Vodafone) or factory issues (power supplies) and the customer isn't even going to have their inconvenience dealt with with then I'm not interested in dealing with them

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
VM might think their service is like water...
---------------------------------------------------------------