Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Worst ISP experience by a country mile.

At this point, I'm just looking to cancel as there isn't any going back from this level of incompetence.

My order was placed on the 5th of October and had a scheduled engineer visit on the 30th October. With the box installed early that morning, it needed wiring into the property. The engineer knocked on the door with what I can only think was a sponge as nobody heard it, and could be seen creeping slowly away from the door whilst looking up at the building. When I explained it was three stories, he said he wouldn't be able to reach and would let them know and swiftly left.

Having not heard anything, I contacted Virgin on the 4th of November and spoke to an Indian call center about my brief visit, they had no answer as to why the install wasn't completed. I tried to get some clarification on the height situation, but I may as well have been speaking double dutch as she had no idea what I was asking. Initially, she tried to confirm a date of November 30th to which I did not agree to given the lack of comms and waiting for another month. She then said it would be escalated and asked for an email and phone number (for which I'm not even sure she legitimately took note of).

Yesterday, I attempted to call preinstall cancelations (yes, they have a seperate team for people who wish to cancel priorto even getting their line installed) and was cut off 3 times and on hold for 45 minutes before I gave up.

It is categorically the worst ISP customer service I have ever encountered having been with TalkTalk on the property for over a year with zero complaints.

Somebody cancel my order so I don't have to waste anymore time on this. It could be £24 PM for 1GB and it still wouldn't be worth this trouble.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Worst ISP experience by a country mile.

As a general rule, it seems VM won't do single property installations if the technician would have to work outside above first floor level.  Although they often carry ladders the installers don't seem to be equipped for safe working at height in the same was as Sky's installers who usually are working at height.  If the question of being a third floor installation didn't come into the dialogue when ordering, then this is (another) failure in VM's new customer processes.

In terms of cancelling, you can't do that here as this is a "community help forum", but you'd be best off doing it in writing as per section M of the T&C's.  Use recorded post!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Two failures, as I tried to clarify if it was going to be an issue after the engineer visit and still couldn't get an answer or even an install date. Just a total breakdown of any communication whatsoever. One of my close friends spent a good three years on the phones directing the technicians and swore blind to stay away from them. My only mistake here was not listening.

Thanks for the link. Although having to use a carrier pigeon in order to cancel the UK's fastest broadband service is another joke in itself. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Call in at 08.00 - posters on here say they are getting through first time with short waits at that time

Follow options 1,1,4,4 "thinking of leaving".

Although your account isn't activated until your service is - and you wont get billed - so "technically" - you dont need to do anything

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos