cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Experience - New Customer

odriscoll40
Joining in

Here for a rant!

So I signed up for a 200MB fibre and O2 SIM card. Was a decent deal, then my O2 sim arrived, promptly moved my number over to find I have no signal, apparently the mast in my area has been down for months, great start. Not to worry though as I still had my old internet which was scheduled to go off two days after my virgin install. 
Fibre engineers arrive and install the fibre box on my wall whilst I’m out. Came home to find I now can’t fully open my drive gate as the gates now hit they omni box.

So install day arrives, a Saturday last week. The engineer is great. Nice neat job until he opens the omni box to connect the fibre. The fibre connector falls on the floor. 
Brilliant! The engineer can’t complete the the install but advises not to worry I’ll get the fibre guys out on Monday to sort it.

Great as Monday is the day my talk talk internet is turned off, waited in all day and no one arrives.

Called customer services to be passed around about 5 different departments over the space of a couple of hours to be told no engineer had been booked for Monday and that the earliest they can get someone is 7th December. That’s two and a half weeks with no internet.

Absolutely shocking service to be leaving a new customer with no internet, I’m now having to leave my mobile phone on my windowsill upstairs to use tethering to get a little bit of mobile internet which is barely usable due to the poor O2 signal which virgin also sold me.

Not a great way to onboard new customers.

Virgin if you want to reply, please send your reply via carrier pigeon as I probably won’t get back on the internet any time soon!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello odriscoll40.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with installation.
I'd like to take a look into this for you and see if we can speed this up.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You can cancel the VM contract and incur no charges whatsoever within your 14 day "cooling off" period

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You are certainly not the first VM customer to have found the O2 signal was no good.  If you were previously on EE, go back to it. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello odriscoll40.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with installation.
I'd like to take a look into this for you and see if we can speed this up.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Just to update this thread. Gareth messaged me privately and has promptly sorted everything. Engineers arrived today and I'm now online.

I can't beleive how utterly useless the telephone customer services are. For any future issues I will be sure to come here first.

Thank you Gareth.

Hi odriscoll40, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community and letting us know things are sorted for you. 

We're glad Gareth was able to help with doing this. 

If you have any further issues, you know where we are. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs