Menu
BenWkr
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Won't let me buy broadband plan

I searched for a quote using my address on ComparetheMarket, and found this one.

BenWkr_0-1620585865505.png

When I went to view this package, it took me through the Virgin website and asked me to input my address. So, I did, and it said this.

BenWkr_4-1620586011808.png

This is surprising because if I go to Virgin's site to purchase a direct, non-offer plan, it says this.

BenWkr_3-1620585998463.png

So, what's going on? 

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Won't let me buy broadband plan

Hi there

It can take a while for the photos to be authorised.

Have you managed to process the order?

Happy to take a look into this for you to see if we can help you.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
BenWkr
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I don't want to go through with the order directly, I want to use the offer which is when it says Broadband is not available in my area. It's when I go to buy the regular non-discounted plan that it will let me buy it.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Does that not just mean that the offer you got is no longer available from VM? May have expired or withdrawn it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
BenWkr
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I thought this too, but it does the same thing when I go to buy regular broadband.

It says Virgin is available everywhere except that one part of the website. And if I get a Broadband + Phone bundle, I can remove the phone from it and just buy the broadband. So it's very odd.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OK - I am sure that @Christy_D will be able to sort it out when they get back here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Never ever used any “compare” websites and do not intend to.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Maybe vm is available but not 500mb version? There are speed limits in some areas.

Vm typically can't help you to buy plans advertised on non vm websites so you'll need to find another website or buy direct. 

0 Kudos
BenWkr
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tried every single version, still same problem
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well if it's lets you buy direct it's not a VM database problems, so I'd try elsewhere 🙂

I didn't use any comparison websites to buy my Virgin media, I simply rung up and negotiated my own discount. They did reject me at first saying they couldn't do it, then when I hung up they rang back a few hours later and offered me the deal 🙂

0 Kudos