cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my street be cabled?

Mrb82
On our wavelength

Hi, Is there any way I can find out if my house is planned to be covered when virgin do this area, I don't want to extend another 18 month contract with my current ISP if I have other options.

My street is a side street of 14 houses off a larger street, and there is no footpath In-front of any of these, just a square bit of road with driveways around the edge, I did read that Virgin won't cable streets with no footpaths. My house does have the footpath from the main street running along the side of it however. There has not been any work started, but there is a cabinet location marked at the end of the road with spray paint, so I assume it will be starting soon.

If there's any way of checking if my street is planned, I would appreciate it, thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mrb82,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that our services are not yet available at your property!

I will definitely have a look into this for you and see what I can do to help. I will need a few details about your location, but to discuss this, I will send you a Private Message. 

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon! 🙂

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would mention that the street infrastructure build is only the first part of a long process. If VM is new to the whole area you could be looking at up to 6 months or even longer before services are actually available from when the street build is completed.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mrb82,

Thank you for getting back to me via Private Message.

I'm sorry to say that your address is not listed on our system just yet, but please keep an eye on the works in your area and get in touch with us again soon to see if there's been an update.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with. 

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs