cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will any Hub 3 work or are they linked to an account?

cj47
Joining in

Hi. I have been living in a rented flat while my house was renovated, and have now moved back to the house. I had Virgin accounts for both addresses. I still have the Hub 3 I used in the rented flat... can I now use that in the house, or is a Hub specific to a particular account/address ?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you were moving an existing contract from one address to another they may well have requested that you take the Hub with you to use at the new address. But if you are not an existing customer the Hub has probably been written off and they would provide a new one when you signed up there. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you were moving an existing contract from one address to another they may well have requested that you take the Hub with you to use at the new address. But if you are not an existing customer the Hub has probably been written off and they would provide a new one when you signed up there. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Ah, that's useful... I actually have two Hub 3s - an old one I used to use in the house, and a newer one I used in the rental flat. The old one is in a box somewhere and I haven't yet found it. So I've been trying to use the newer one without success. If the newer one isn't associated with the house, that would explain why I've had no connection.

I maintained the Virgin contract for the house throughout, so I guess I need to find the old router and plug that in. Or ask Virgin for a new one.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If the Hub was activated on an account and the same account has been continuously maintained at the same address ever since it should still work. Otherwise it won't.

Hubs only work when activated to an existing account, and they are deactivated when the account is closed at that address. 

- jpeg1