cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I ever get installed?

Cosm1c
Joining in

I brought Virgin as it’s advertised as the best in my area.

1st installation due 25/08/2023

sorry outside work needs to be done.

pushed back until 13/09/2023

Sorry outside work needs to be done

pushed back again until 26/09/2023 

again 11/10/2023 and again 25/10/2023 and now it’s been pushed back until 07/11/2023.

I have lost my marbles. Will it ever get installed? Probably not. They’ve also blatantly told me on the phone I can go with someone else however it’s Virgin that have all the best packages throughout my area so it’s either really bad internet or wait and wait.

Their customer service is awful, the way they have handled my case and spoken to my partner and myself is disgusting. 

I am very disappointed in my experience so far. 
Even better they don’t have managers, or a customer complaint department! Who runs the show? 

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Sadly, your story is repeated regularly on here.

VM will happily keep you waiting until it gets around to finally installing or it decides to cancel your installation.

You should be eligible for compensation for the delay

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

You should start keeping a detailed record of events (dates, times of all calls, messages, texts etc. along with any missed appointments and failed appointments where someone turns up but no work was carried out). Keep the record in a timeline format with links from the timeline to each piece of recorded evidence. This will make it easy for you in the future to put forward a case to arbitration for the correct compensation, should that be necessary.

Some people, in past topics on here who have had to wait a long time, have opted to get a temporary Openreach connection put in on a rolling monthly contract. Others have bought an unlimited data SIM on a rolling monthly contract to keep them going while waiting for VM.

You may be in for an even longer wait or your installation may happen very soon. Unfortunately you won't get any sensible answers you can rely on from VM due to the way their outsourcing and sub-contracting of the installation work has been set up.

YildizSagin
Tuning in

I’m still waiting since May.. that’s nearly 6 months. Let that sink in. 

@YildizSagin wrote:

I’m still waiting since May.. that’s nearly 6 months. Let that sink in. 

You may be pleased, possibly disappointed, though probably not surprised to learn that the longest delay reported on here has been 18 months. At the end of the 18 month wait, VM cancelled the job.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/18-Months-later-no-connection-27-cancelle...

Which at the old rates would equate to about £3,300 of compensation!

Wonder what they did with the money?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@TableTop wrote:

Which at the old rates would equate to about £3,300 of compensation!

Wonder what they did with the money?

Rumour has it they were only offered £3.30 because of council permissions and a provisional installation date!

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Cosm1c 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced a delay with your install, I'd be more than happy to take a closer look into this with you via a private message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.