cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I ever get a hub5

Timwilky
Fibre optic

I now have the 100Mb upload on my GIG1 service, but since VM removed LAG on hub4 I am 200Mb down on download speed.
Look at my signature before telling me the downside of the hub5, I just want to connect in modem mode, I  need better than a 1Gb port to connect to my home network.

What is happening with hub5 stocks? the hub4 is not fit for purpose. Just provide a modem with a 2.5Gb  port and make me a happy bunny.

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky
8 REPLIES 8

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Timwilky 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, were so glad to have you on board.

I'm so sorry to hear you are facing issues with your Hub speeds, can I just check is the Hub currently in modem mode? 

We are offering out upgrades to Hub 5's at the moment but we are contacting customers via email, once you are eligible an email will be sent out to offer.

Timwilky
Fibre optic

Yes, I do use modem mode with the hub 4, that was how I was able to connect 2 ports with a LAG, until VM removed that functionality. now the hub 4 is no longer fit for purpose. How do I get on the list for an upgrade.

VM Network - Timwilky

Hi Timwilky,

Thank you for reaching back out, please keep an eye on your Email and Online Account under my offers to see if you are eligible for an upgrade.

Regards

Paul.

Timwilky
Fibre optic

Still waiting patiently, no sign of an email or anything in my account.

Will you have the 2.2Gb service available before I get a hub that I can use all I currently pay for?

Tim

VM Network - Timwilky

Hi Timwilky,

Thanks for your reply, please continue to be patient in order to see if you're eligible for a Hub 5, we're not able to do this ourselves here on the forums as it's part of a special eligibility campaign.

Please let us know if you do receive communication to state you're eligible.

Sorry again for the frustration. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Looks like 2 Gig has indeed beaten the Hub 5 here (at least in Ireland). 

Screenshot_20230602-150950.png

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Timwilky
Fibre optic

Still patiently waiting, still no invite for a hub5!

Will I ever get one?

VM Network - Timwilky

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for all the posts and updates, Timwilky.

Sorry to see no communication has reached you so far about this, we'd confirm eligibility for an upgrade to hub 5 directly to you via email normally, as per our process.

I can see the request had been submitted a while ago, please visit this link here for more on this process.

Do let us know if you get any updates, should you wish to re-apply you can check this page and follow the steps to access your account online and see if you can upgrade your hub from there.

Any more questions or concerns you may have feel free to ask and we'll do our best to advise, cheers.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs