Menu
Colec2004
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Wifi pods

Hi there

Ive got the 1tb WiFi installed, I was told I was entitled to 3 WiFi pods as I have black spots in my house.

I ordered the 1st one then told to wait 5 days before I could order another one, then wait 5 days to order the 3rd

Can anyone tell me how long they had to wait before ordering more

On speaking to virgin all they said was the system wasn’t letting them order try again on Monday?

thanks 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi pods

The second and third WiFi pod are only available to customers following assessment of the WiFi performance inside the registered account address by a Virgin Media agent, so the first pod must be installed for at least a few days because you can order a further one.

0 Kudos
Colec2004
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The first pod has been in for a week 

Still black spots 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

VM pods don't work get your own wireless router and AP with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
stabilo00
Superfast
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I was given one to trial and it actually works quite well. Having said that I would always buy my own equip where possible and not rent but for people that are getting them for free go for it.
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@legacy1 wrote:
VM pods don't work get your own wireless router and AP with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

rubbish - the pods do work - they may not be the best thing since sliced bread but they can and do work - they are not 100% plug and play as the best position for them has to be found

but to make the blanket statement - they dont work is as i say rubbish

as a question have you actually got any - if not what is your statement based on - if you do have some then maybe you need help setting them up

Tony
Colec2004
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have 1 pod that they sent out which works fine 

I need another possibly 2 to enhance my signal throughout the house where signal is poor

My initial question was to see how long people waited before they phoned to get them 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If it's been in for a week then request your second one. 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

afaik whilst up to 3 are free on your package you simply cannot ring and request any more than the 1st one - the 2nd one will be sent if the app shows it to be needed - the 3rd one i am not sure about - again it may be that the app must show it to be needed or a tech visit may be needed 

by all means ring and see what they say or wait here for VM to clarify

Tony
0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Colec2004

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear your awaiting the arrival of your other Wi-Fi pods. I've managed to locate your account and I can see the Wi-Fi pods have been ordered for you and are currently in transit. 

If you have any further issues, please pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos