Menu
SteffanLong01
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wifi not working

last night the wifi at my house started slowing and since this morning it hasn’t been working at all on both wireless and wired connections. 
in the hub3 menu under internet it says access denied and it work go away.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi not working

Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

Also, have you checked first for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi not working

Hi @SteffanLong01

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for your post concerning your internet not working, I'm sorry to hear that you have been unable to get online recently.

Did you manage to check virg.in/service for any local outages that may have caused this?

May I ask what lights are displayed on your Hub currently and what colour they are?

Do you have any other services with Virgin - TV / Landline etc - if so, are these working okay?

If you are still unable to connect, please can your reboot your Hub for me - switch it off for at least 30 seconds and unplug it from the wall, then let me know if you can connect after this.

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos