Menu
Poptasticuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi has not returned after local service outage

My wifi connection hasn't been working since last night. This morning I checked the service update page and there was an outage in my area. Within a few hours it said it was fixed, but my connection has not come back. I've tried rebooting my router multiple times, even left it turned off for half an hour in case that helped. In terms of the lights on the front of the router, currently only the green horizontal line is showing, but sometimes the green arrows are also showing.

I have booked an engineer but they can't come until Saturday and I have a week's worth of work to be done by then so hoping I can get this fixed sooner 🙏

Please let me know any tips or advice. Thanks!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi has not returned after local service outage

Check the Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level to see if it may still be actually ongoing, But if they are booking you a tech it suggests that it is specific to your connection. If there is still an area fault - all tech visits will be auto cancelled.

You are unlikely to get an earlier appointment as you would have got the first available - but you could try calling in again and seeing if there may be a cancellation slot.

A VM person will respond here and comment but it can be a day or two before they get here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Poptasticuk
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's been more than 48 hours since Virgin texted me to say that the service issue in my area was fixed, and service has resumed but it is much slower than usual. It's normally around 100mbps and right now it's around 40mbps. It's ok for checking emails etc but not fast enough to take part in calls for work, so it's quite a problem. Is there anything you can suggest I do to fix this myself or is it an issue only an engineer can resolve?

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Poptasticuk,

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your broadband. I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate your account via your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos