Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Wifi connection on new router

Hi I recently purchased a package of broadband, tv and weekend calls. I got my QuickStart kit delivered yesterday and have set it up accordingly and the hub itself appears to be connected properly and fine however the wifi isn’t working and through the various troubleshooting and analysis tools virgin media has on its website and app show me the hub is connected fine but access to wifi is denied and blocked therefore I feel the issue lies in virgin itself not providing access to the broadband wifi services. 

I also try and go into my online virgin account and it says to add broadband to my package as if I don’t have it at all even though my contract in my emails says I purchased the package with m100 fibre broadband and it says this on my app but not on the website login and when I try to ‘add broadband’ or upgrade it shows an error on the screen. I feel this is a simple case of granting access that needs to happen that will allow the wifi to work but I cannot get a hold of anyone to help me do this and the person I talked to earlier on the phone could not understand what I was trying to explain and just told me to reboot. Could someone please help me solve this issue and get connected?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi connection on new router

What is your connection like using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I only need wifi for my phone and iPad and then for the connection of the tv box, nothing I own connects via wires to the router. From other peoples similar posts on here it seems all virgin need to do is grant access on their side as everything here is running correctly

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

you need to take a step back - wifi is not what VM supply - they supply a connection to the internet - wifi is then from the hub

so we need to know the hub is connected to the internet hence the question about a wired connection - if thats working then its a setting problem - if you have no connection then you will have no wifi

so have you activated the hub - if so what colour is the base light and is it solid or flashing - start with that and it will start to tell the story

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The hub is glowing a steady orange at the bottom and none of the other colours/symbols are flashing. The various website things and troubleshooting/ configuration things I’ve tried have highlighted the below in the images

E10AC6E4-8BFE-4574-B6F3-81CFFC1F66E3.png

CA89ED54-F0B9-4B35-B47D-A79B005AB981.png

EC713B94-93C3-4BF8-B81F-A7C65E24221A.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

orange is not a colour the light should be - white is normal but that can be various shades to cream and in different light can have an orange band - green - red or yellow say different things but are not good

have you rung the activation line 

its worth doing a reboot - turn off for a minute r two if that does not help a full reset - hold the reset button a good 30 sec

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I’ve rung activation line several attempts and tried rebooting/resetting several times as well. According to the virgin media website the orange colour is (it’s a v muted white/orange) normal and should mean the hub is fine although I know according to the set up guide it should be white upon installation first time, I really don’t know where to go from here 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

lets see what the levels are 

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

5F33C0CD-638C-41F9-9E9F-8B7208BB0C75.png

73AF3F70-ED53-46BD-A0A8-AFAEB9D4680E.png

667A5670-9106-4B94-93AF-E84819A66046.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It's a simple matter of your HUB not being active on your account, hence 'Access Denied'.

0 Kudos