cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi intelligent pod wont connect

Jill8
On our wavelength

I had a wifi pod come early this morning. I've been trying to get it to connect to the WiFi all day as my xbox only receives a wireless strength signal of around 65% when in my bedroom. I often get huge lag spikes when online gaming. 

I also recently upgraded to 1gig internet. Yet my download speed seems capped at 250mbps (even tried moving xbox right next to the hub to see if it would make a difference, which it didn't) 

I've tried changing channel on the router settings. I have channel optimization on. I've also tried to tick 'disable 2.4g connection' to hopefully force it to use the 5g. None of this worked so I reset router to factory settings and ordered a wifi pod.

Now my problem is, I can't even get the wifi podto connect to my wifi. I the light is just constantly pulsating. And from what I've read this means it's attempting to find a network. 

I've read through all the troubleshooting and how to set it up, have it right next to the hub hoping that would make it connect. But nothing seems to be working. Just a constant pulsing light and a warm pod. 

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In order for the pod to connect with your Hub it needs to be set to use channel optimisation and have a single SSID for both the 2.4 and 5 signals. Also it currently requires a Hub3 or Hub4 to work.

It also has to have been activated to work with your Hub by the VM staff.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jill8
On our wavelength

Virgin sent the pod after asking for the serial number of my hub so I'd presume they did this. I have a newly fitted hub 4. (A week old)

I'm confused when people say the same SSID? I've tried restoring back to factory settings. Have channel optimization on. The only thing I'm unsure about is if 2.4 and 5 are on the same SSID? Not sure what that is or how I would find out ? 

Thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Using a single SSID is the default setting so if you have done a factory restore this should be the case. 

You can check in the hub settings page under Advanced > Wireless > Security (this is based on the Hub 3 but I think the settings will be same for the Hub4).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks