Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Working but Ethernet to Desktop PC isn’t

Hi,

I had a new Superhub 3 delivered today to replace an old SH2. I plugged it in, turned it on and after the initial set up period the WiFi has been working fine. 

however, my Win10 Desktop PC is connected via Ethernet but has no internet access. I can access the Hub 3.0 settings site in my browser and the Home Screen is showing my all my current devices (both wireless and Ethernet) in the status overview. 

I know it’s not the cables as I was using the same Ethernet cable for the SH2 and it was working. I’ve tried both with and without Windows Firewall and there is no change. I’ve also tried a factory reset twice, tried all 4 Ethernet slots to no avail.  

Please help! 

EDIT: Every now and again the internet connection icon on my taskbar will change to reflect that I have internet access, however trying to load any webpage fails and says it can’t connect. Running the Windows diagnostics tool doesn’t yield any results either. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WiFi Working but Ethernet to Desktop PC isn’t

open up network and internet setttings and click network reset.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you cadge, beg, steal or borrow another ethernet cable to try?  Although it was working, the simple act of unplugging and fiddling with it may have been enough to break a weak conductor or conductor/plug joint.  Cables are reliable, they usually last a very long time, but they don't last forever.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’ve tried 3 different cables - no change.

I then tried the network settings reset, restarted my PC but still no change. 

EDIT: FIXED! It took a minute upon restart, but the network settings reset seems to have fixed it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much! This has fixed it (either that, or very coincidental timing with something on Virgin's end!)

0 Kudos