Menu
Skydancer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wi-fi black spot

Hello. I have a wi-fi black spot in upstairs room furthest away from Hub 3, which is located downstairs. Not been a problem before but with so much video talking, I find signal constantly blipping.

I was told Hub 4 would fill the hole so have been waiting for it to be rolled out but so far no sign of it. I could buy boosters but does Virgin fill black spots in a property without charging above your package? Mine is M50 FB/band, more than adequate for my humble needs.

When I try to view upgrade offers, I'm taken to an 'ooops something went wrong page!'

Thanks.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wi-fi black spot

A hub4 won't change your situation, the range is similar. You may need to purchase equipment to help you get better range

0 Kudos
Skydancer
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not sure buying a booster will help either, hence the hesitation. I can view videos, download large files, etc. It's just video conferencing where the signal blips out. I think it has something to do with channel switching, or weakness of signal, rather than range but I could be wrong. If boosters actually boost signal strength, then may be worth buying one.

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If its just a single room and the device is fixed position you can try a basic powerline kit about £25. It should be fine for M50 speed.

If you only need M50 would you not be better off with Openreach 40/10 connection such as Talktalk. Cost only £22 and much better standard issue Wi-Fi router. I was with Talktalk before switch to Virgin and yes much better Wi-Fi.  Most people stick with Virgin for their faster download.  just my 2 cent 😊

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/networking/powerline/tp-link-tl-pa4010-powerline...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos