cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi pod not connecting

Mikewint
Joining in
  • I received my new White Wi-Fi pod on Tuesday this week.

It refuses to connect to my Hub 5

I rebooted the Hub and tried the pod in every socket in the house, to no avail

The light is continually pulsing, and as I understand when it is connected to the hub it should go out, but it carries on pulsing.

I've used Virgin connect app, as follows all it says we can't detect the Wi-Fi pod now.

Tried going to help us suggested what a total waste of time

Screenshot_20231202_185014_VM Connect.jpg

Anyone out there got any brilliant ideas

Thanks Mick

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First, see if anything in message 5 in this thread helps to connect Pods…

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/WiFi-boosters-needed/m-p/5122436#M497217

If not, it might not have been "activated" correctly on your account.  So, Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (follow options) and check with them. You will need the Model numbers, serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers of ALL pieces of kit and also your account number

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mikewint 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies for the issues that you are having with your new WiFi Max pod. It is possible that it is having a bit of difficulty in syncing to your Hub and may need a gentle shove at this end. If you can check your private messages for a message from me, we can get the ball rolling on this for you.

Sabrina