Menu
tomreu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why is the parental control PIN on Virgin TV Go different to the one on on the TV?

Have just tried using Virgin TV Go for the first time. Went onto parental controls, where you the first thing you have to do is enter the PIN. It's not the same PIN as I have on our TIVO/V6 boxes, so what can it possibly be?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is the parental control PIN on Virgin TV Go different to the one on on the TV?

try 0,0,0,0.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
tomreu
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is the parental control PIN on Virgin TV Go different to the one on on the TV?

Hi Mike (again),

Unfortunately not. Have waited the 10 minutes for being locked out, but 0000 doesn't work either. Not sure what else to try.

Cheers

Tom

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom, 

You should be able to reset it using the following method from help/using-tv-go 

PIN protection across all your devices allows you to set an age rating restriction to control what can be watched On Demand.

By default the age rating restriction asks for a PIN for all On Demand and Live TV channels (pre 8pm) content rated PG and above. The PIN is set to 0000.

Note: Watching Live TV with Virgin TV Go is not PIN protected, as channels show content appropriate to watershed times.

Changing your PIN
  • You’ll need to enter your username and password again when prompted
  • Enter your current PIN – but if you can’t remember it, reset to the default: 0000
  • Confirm your new PIN for all Virgin TV Go devices

Note: On some devices you may need to go to Parental Settings

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tomreu
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Dave, my actual PIN doesn't work (just checked on TV and it's definitely the same one I use every day), and 0000 doesn't work either. There's no option to reset so I just seem to be in a bottomless pit right now.

Cheers

Tom

0 Kudos