Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why had my bill gone up so much

My bill has gone up to £55 a month for 200mb broadband connection which is £18 a month more than a new customer. Given that virgin doesn’t have to send me a new modem surely it should be cheaper? I am not happy with this to screw existing customers is not fair!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why had my bill gone up so much

That is the way of the world, you get a promotional deal and when it ends your price goes to the non promo price. It is not unique to VM all providers do it. You can try to negotiate a new deal with VM or change to a different ISP, your choice.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

current price is £47 for 200 only. you might be able to get that for a new contract. Maybe a big lower but you are not a new customer so you will not get that price

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

To be fair virgin media make it clear what you'll be paying from day 1.it's clearly stated on your contract £xx for y months then £zz thereafter. If you don't like the thereafter price you can always find another provider that'll do it for less. 

0 Kudos