Menu
Robk13
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why do i have to phone to change

Why do I need to talk to someone over the phone if I want to change things in my account.

I suffer from serious anxiety when using the phone due to my autism, so when I wanted to sort out anything to do with my account I had to call someone.

This has left me with the tv extra on my bill which I didn't know I was getting and didn't want as I can't it because I did this over the phone with a virgin sales rep who had rang and convinced me to subscribe to virgin.

This is bad service for people who suffer with an inability to use phones due to autism and anxiety.

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i have to phone to change

VM do seem to force everyone down the route of phoning in to make contract changes but I can understand that does not work for everyone.

Have you recently changed your VM package and have ended up with something different to what you were expecting after phoning in?

0 Kudos
Robk13
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No I was in the cooling off period from sky after moving house and virgin rang to speak to the previous occupants.

They told me I could get faster Internet than sky and at a lower cost, and I did as they told me about the package over the phone.

But I couldn't truly see what I had agreed to as they had issues confirming it and then I didn't understand their breakdown of services as I thought the tv box was a free add on as the channels are all on freeview anyway.

• So I could have saved more money as I didn't need the tv on my service. When I went to cancel they kept telling me that I would have to sign a new agreement and would lose the discount I had when I signed up. So I didn't argue as I don't like talking over the phone and thought I would lose all my discount across services if I did this and would then be paying more.
0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you are still within your cooling off period with VM, you can write to them to cancel in line with the T&Cs below if that is what you want to do

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#cooli...

The VM forum team can not change your package on here but they should probably be able to explain to you exactly what package you have and what is included in that and the associated costs. They will do that via private message once they pick this topic up.

They can take up to a week to reply on here but are usually quicker than that.

0 Kudos
Robk13
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

By the time I get a letter to them I'll be out my cooling off period.

Plus I don't want to cancel the fibre broadband, I just wanted the tv cost off my bill.

Can I sell the tv box as I'm paying for a paperweight? Or will they take it away for me so I'm not storing it for 17 more months?

They want to drill a hole in my wall to be able to set up the tv box and I'm not comfortable with that so I wanted to cancel the engineer re-visiting but again you have to do that over the phone. So I'll have to tell them no when they turn up.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days

By asking for cancellations you will be put through to retentions rather than regrades. 

Retentions are able review your package and discounts and have more leeway as to prices and discounts than regrades

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Robk13 This is bad service for people who suffer with an inability to use phones due to autism and anxiety.

And for people with hearing problems.  VM's utterly inadequate capabilities for on-line account management have been repeatedly criticised, and still nothing is done, so (whilst it won't address your immediate problem) I'd encourage you to report this to the Communication Consumer Panel, whose job it is to poke the layabouts of Ofcom in regard to such matters.  Also may be worth contacting the Equality Advisory Support Service,  Again they won't take on your individual complaint, but they may pressure Virgin Media to join the modern world.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robk13,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forum. I'm really sorry to hear about the problems that you've been having.

In order to go through this with you, I'll just need to confirm some account details via Private Message. Please look our for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Thanks,

Laurie_C
Forum Team