Menu
ian9outof10
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why can't my existing hub be connected to new line...

I moved house and Virgin told me to take my hub. Obviously, it needs to be re-paired to the line. But Virgin say they can't do this. Instead they are sending a new hub, which is delayed, and I need to work.

Why can't someone activate the old hardware, this is absolute madness.

0 Kudos
ian9outof10
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't my existing hub be connected to new line...

It seems it can be. But in none of my calls previously was this given as an option.

Unfortunately, Virgin's systems are "down" so they apparently can't pair my line to the hub's MAC address.

Does anyone know why this is so hard? Is there actually a reason for this, or is it just an old system?

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can activate old equipment, but the procedure is to acquire the old equipment at the end of a contract and send out new equipment. 

Staff on here can activate your old equipment, but you may have to wait a few days. Staff on the phones typically will want to follow procedure. 

You need to remember that first line support staff typically just do what the computer says. If computer says no, that's the answer you get. 

ian9outof10
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Z92, that was the impression I got. And some of it makes sense, the hubs don't last forever so getting them back and sending new hardware is fine in theory and might help reduce faults.

When I argued the point, they admitted they could just add the old hub's MAC back in and then seemed happy to do so with the warning that activiating it would cancel the order for the new hub (which doesn't bother me).

As long as the system is back up later today, I should be able to get my old hub working again - at least until the new year when an engineer can come.

0 Kudos