Menu
mm00379
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why can I not get services in my area?

Hello,

I am a virgin media customer and recently moved. I was told I could move the broadband to my new place and was given confirmation that virgin cover the new area/address. Now when I try to sign up it comes up that VM is not available for my property address. All other neighbours can sign up just not my flat. The flat opposite and above can as can many others in close proximity. On top of that, there is a box outside my flat that has the virgin media box with cables, I think this needs repairing as wires are hanging out. When I called up I was told I can't have VM due to 'capacity' issues. Please could you tell me why all my neighbors can sign up, I am an ongoing customer and there is also a box where virgin has already been installed directly outside my flat (it has been confirmed that VM was providing broadband for this flat previously) 

Thanks 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: ?

If there are capacity issues it means that the area is over subscribed and they will not take additional customers for that area until the infrastructure is upgraded 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mm00379
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. The thing is I'm not a new customer and they already have virgin installed previously at the flat

Thanks 

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's the area that are not excepting additional subscribers, virgin do not have to accept you as a customer in an over subscribed area, and in all honesty you will be better off with a new supplier as virgins service will be poor

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mm00379
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well my other alternative is BT and the fastest they can provide me is 7 Mbps which is poor. My partner and I work from home using zoom regularly and need wifi for TV too so this is quite bad if I need to use the wifi for several devices. Virgin is the only service that provides a decent speed 

I can't deliver sessions or workshops with a broken wifi 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

if VM are oversubscribed they will not sell services.
This happened when people complain and it went through watchdog. VM agreed to stop selling when an area is over capasity

they are not going to make an exception as it gives them bad press.

you'll have to look for another ISP or wait until enough people leave in the area and you can sign up
0 Kudos