cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are Virgin flummoxed over what appears to be a simple metadata issue?

tracingsackful
Joining in

I’m going to keep this long story short just to keep it really specific to my issue in the hope someone can help me to solve it.

• I live in a terraced row, but it’s not a traditional one. Someone saw a gap between two buildings and decided to whack another building in there (2007).

• The neighbour to my left (house 102) and right (house 104) both can connect to Virgin.

• However, my property (house 102a) is not listed on Virgin’s systems. They are the only organisation I’ve come across who doesn’t know it exists. It is on the Royal Mail postcode finder.

• I’ve had two Virgin engineers to my property who have both confirmed it’s technically possible to give me FTTP services.

• One conducted a site survey and spray painted where they’d take the connection from and how they’d lay the cable to my property.

• But my address still isn’t on the system and, after speaking to many agents (double figures) and spending multiple hours on the phone, they still can’t seem to figure out how to proceed.

Why is the organisation completely perplexed by what appears to be a very simple metadata issue? It’s an embarrassment.

Has anyone had this issue before? How was the issue resolved?

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tracingsackful,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues registering for our services!

If your property is registered on the Royal Mail address finder, then we should have no issues adding it to our database. I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you. 

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm your details. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tracingsackful,

Thanks for coming back to us via Private Message! I've been able to raise the dedicated form to have your address added to our system. 

Let us know how you get on in the next 72 hours and if you need any further help or assistance, please let us know.

We're here to help! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tracingsackful,

Thanks for coming back to me! Glad to hear that the address is now listed on the account! Unfortunately, I don't have access to amend new accounts from here. 

This would need to be done by contacting the sales team on 0800 183 1234 or by calling our Pre-Install team on 08000521734. The team will be able to amend this on our system and advise further on any pre-install external works.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team