Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Which hub do you get as a new customer

Been looking around on this forum and on the main VM web site and can't see it confirmed anywhere which router I will receive when my contract starts on the 28th Nov. I read its probably the Super Hub 3 as the Hub4 is only for gigabit customers? Is that right?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Which hub do you get as a new customer

Either a Hub 3 or a Hub 4, whichever is the most suitable for the contracted speed and local WAN line.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, so there's no way of knowing which router I'll get on day one then?

I've gone for the 108mb connection.

One would have thought all new customers would get the shiny new router?

Can I make a special request to VM to have a Hub 4? Do I have to pay extra for it?

Can someone also confirm if the Hub 4 is wifi 6 please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You will get what you are given, only the 1 Gig service gets the Hub 4 automatically.

I would advise that if you are given the choice of a Hub 3 or Hub 4 go for the Hub 3.

The Hub 4 is going through far too many teething troubles at the moment.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No, the Hub4 does not have WiFi 6.  Its WiFi is no better than the Hub3. 

If you want good WiFi you will have to provide it yourself. 

Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The hub you get will also depend on what cabinet you are connected to, it could be the 3 or the 4 depending on the specification of the cabinet. 

But regardless of which you get, the WiFi on both will be terrible. You should buy a proper WiFi router and put the hub into modem mode.