cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to connect my hub?

James9408
Joining in

16896880793015788800014511355997.jpg

Can anybody inform me what to attach the other end of the white broadband cable to? I'm assuming that I can't attach it to anything shown here and that I'll need to have a Virgin box installed,  but I thought I'd ask on here before booking an engineer.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

carl_pearce
Community elder

Any of these, depending on where the cables go to:

ntl box is fine (I use one), as long as it's still connected to VM's network.

It may not be connected to the network then as nothing happens when I plug it all in. The Hub should come on even without connecting to these though shouldn't it? I've plugged it into the socket but no lights are coming on

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media resulted from a merger between Virgin Mobile & ntl:.

Also to mention that if either of the cables in the bottom right of the photo go to a location you would like the hub to operate in, simply forget about the white cable provided with quick start & screw the end of the existing installed cable directly into the back of the hub.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@James9408 wrote:

It may not be connected to the network then as nothing happens when I plug it all in. The Hub should come on even without connecting to these though shouldn't it? I've plugged it into the socket but no lights are coming on

The HUB should power on regardless of being connected to VM's network.

If no lights are coming on at all the HUB could be faulty (Rocker switch in correct position?).

James9408
Joining in

I have an engineer coming to fix a new Virgin box on my wall, thanks for your help