Menu
Anneliese
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Where is the live chat / messenger service?

He everyone 
I’ve been on hold for hours and I keep getting cut off.

I can’t access the settings of my Hub 3, it’s a white one and a few years old and I have tried all the password options shown online, and have tried the password shown on the sticker on it. (And I’ve also tried resetting it) I’ve had several issues with it anyway over the last few months so I just want to ask them to send me a new one, which is why I tried to call. 
on the website it says there is live chat somewhere, but when I click it it sends me to troubleshooting, which asks me to sign in, then sends me to troubleshooting again.

i just want to talk to someone on the live chat or messenger. Does anyone have a direct link to the correct page that doesn’t send me round in circles please?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where is the live chat / messenger service?

Not sure about "chat" - necver use it. Silly question perhaps... you are trying the settings password and not the wifi one (there are 2 on the sticker) ?

If you are... and are trying on a wifi connected device, have a try on an ethernet cable connected one - and vica versa. Also try a different browser.

Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3 can be a bit problematic - so try (again) EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT manually restart the Hub at any time. Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub (it is a six digit numeric one).

Finally try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly,

You can also text them on  07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Anneliese
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where is the live chat / messenger service?

Hi again

I just came back to say the long reset did work for me thanks, I obviously hadn’t pressed it for long enough the first time so that solved that issue for me cheers!

I do now have the “someone else is also logged in” glitch but at least I managed to change my wifi password first which is what I wanted to do 

0 Kudos