Menu
Rubizzz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Where is my engineer?

Just a bit confused. I was supposed to have an engineer turn up yesterday (6/10/20) between 1pm and 6pm to connect my fibre broadband. But nobody turned up. I tried ringing virgin and after 1.5 hours of being on hold somebody told me the "engineer had visited but nobody answered the door." Weird, as I was in all day. They said the engineer might come the following day (now today). Well, still no sign of my engineer or my broadband. And no word from Virgin as to what's going on. Can anybody help?

Ruby

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Where is my engineer?

Hi there,

Happy to take a look into this for you.

I'll pop you a private message so I can take some personal details.

Thanks for your post on the VM community.

Christy D

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Rubizzz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks. What info do you need from me to look into it?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Look in the purple envelope at the top right of the forum page

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rubizz,

Has @Christy_D been able to resolve this for you? I have checked remotely and can see the service is active and everything looks fine 🙂

Please pop back if you have any issues.

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Rubizzz
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoe,

Yes thanks. Christy was able to inform me of the new date for my installation (this Monday morning gone). The installation took place this time and I am now connected very happily. I only wish I could have been informed by Virgin media directly of the change of date, with an acknowledgment that the previous date had been missed. Whilst I am very thankful for the help, it's a bit backwards that I had to post on here to find out what had happened. Just an automated text giving me an update to the situation would have been extremely reassuring at the time.

Thanks for checking though. This community forum is a good place to find out what is happening. I highly recommend anyone else who is at a loss (and doesn't want to spend two hours on hold) to post a query! Worked for me!

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad to hear that is all sorted for you Rubizzz.

Thank you for the kinds word about our forum. If you do need any assistance in the future. Please do reach out. 

^Martin

0 Kudos