Menu
SkittlesRandom
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Where Is my Engineer?

An engineer was due to arrive between 8am and 1pm today after already being delayed by 6 days, Had no call or email and no one has bothered to show up, will I be getting my internet today? 
I need this connection for work and without it cannot perform my Job thus this issue is becoming more and more vital.

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where Is my Engineer?

@SkittlesRandom wrote:

An engineer was due to arrive between 8am and 1pm today after already being delayed by 6 days, Had no call or email and no one has bothered to show up, will I be getting my internet today? 
I need this connection for work and without it cannot perform my Job thus this issue is becoming more and more vital.

You are signing up to a residential contract and delays can happen. You cannot use 'I need this connection for work' as a complaint:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services 

8. Internet access is for private use by you and members of your household. It must not be used for any activities not reasonably expected of someone using internet access for domestic purposes, for example whilst a reasonable amount of working from home is expected, your usage should be within what would be reasonably expected from a residential customer and we have no liability for any business losses you may suffer.  We have other more appropriate packages such as Homeworks, and for small business use there are services provided for by Virgin Media Business.

0 Kudos
SkittlesRandom
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate that carl.

But if a delay was to happen do you not think a curtesy call is the least a company can provide?

Also I work from home currently due to the pandemic that is effecting the globe and do not do so by choice but those are the facts of the matter, "for example whilst a reasonable amount of working from home is expected" Fits the example quite well.

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@SkittlesRandom wrote:

I appreciate that carl.

But if a delay was to happen do you not think a curtesy call is the least a company can provide?

Also I work from home currently due to the pandemic that is effecting the globe and do not do so by choice but those are the facts of the matter, "for example whilst a reasonable amount of working from home is expected" Fits the example quite well.

Absolutely.

0 Kudos
SkittlesRandom
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Then you are now aware of my reasonings for this post.

I have been cut off on the phone, received no reply via social media or the messaging service and this is another avenue in which I can go through to find out what is happening. I just wish to know if I will be getting my internet today or if its another wasted day.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If they don't turn up by 6pm assume it's another wasted day. 

Since a lot of us are working from home far more than a typical year, quite a few of us have had more than one internet provider installed to ensure that we always have at least some level of broadband. For some this is mobile broadband, for others, they have chosen BT, TalkTalk, etc. All ISPs have some level of down time, and when you need to work you need to ensure that down time is the minimum. 

0 Kudos
SkittlesRandom
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Downtime is fine and to be expected but not showing up for almost a month is a different issue and one that can be prevented

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How do you know it can be prevented when you don't know the reason for the delay? 

It may be that Virgin have attempted to install your services but an outside contractor is delaying the install, therefore they don't know when they'll be able to install your services and so can't give a date. 

0 Kudos