Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When will they add cables to my street

Hey, I registered to add cables in my street about couple of months ago now and I was just wondering if they will be adding cables to my street at some point this year? There are cables in streets near me, but not in my street. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will they add cables to my street

How far from your property boundary are the current Virgin Media cables do you know?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will they add cables to my street

The person who lived opposite me there road has cables in there street and people who live near the exit other my estate have cables as well. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cables in my road

Hey, I have lived in my new house for over 3 years now and i'm a bit confused why my street doesn't have any cables in it and why other roads near me do. I'm just wondering if Virgin will put cables in my road at some point or if they wont at all. I also registered for Cable my street as well. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cables in my road

Hi there, 

Unfortunately there can be a lot of reasons as to why cable may not be down your street. 

Generally it requires permission from local councils and there may also be build requirements such as access to power etc. 

Also, when contemplating laying cable, the build team consider how many people want Virgin in the area, (it may be worth speaking to your neighbors and asking them to register with the Cable My Street feature in order to increase demand). 

The best way to keep up to date is via the Cable My Street feature. 

You mentioned that you'd already registered with this tool so I'd suggest keeping your eyes open! 

I hope this helps 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more