Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

When will the cable repull team arrive?

After a site survey the engineer indicated to me they my line had no connection to the cabinet and that a repull would be required. He stated that this should happen before my broadband installation date of Thursday (21st May). 

it is currently noon and still no sign of the cable repull team. Can I get some confirmation of when they are scheduled to put in the new cable as it is starting to worry me. I don’t want Thursday to arrive and not have any internet. 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will the cable repull team arrive?

**Bump

Any updates from staff?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

bumping buts you to the back of the queue.
Plus you posted 2less then 2 hours ago vm staff can take a week to reply

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

**Update**

It's currently now 18:00 and still no sign of the cable team. My installation for broadband is due tomorrow between 8am - 1pm with no cabling to hook it up with. 

What will happen tomorrow because the survey engineer told me that they will fit the cable before your install date?

I'm getting no communication from the tracking information section on the website nor any information through text. 

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you have received no text messages then I would expect it to be delayed as they have to make sure you are not self isolating before arriving. 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

**UPDATE**

The engineer called me today and indicated that he is on the way to install my broadband. I stated to him that a cable repull still has not been done at the property. The site survey engineer who visited my property on 19/05/20 illustrated before he left that someone will do a cable repull before your installation date. This was exactly what I was worried about and now face further delays in getting my service up and running. 

Can a VM staff member please look into my case as I am getting conflicting messages. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

With the current situation, it’s not unheard of for the two teams to turn up on the same day. This actually always used to happen when in the days before everything merged into Virgin Media.

As stated before, the Forum Team here deal with posts in strict rotation & can take several days to respond. So you are unlikely to get a response immediately. 

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

**UPDATE**

MY CONNECTION IS UP AND RUNNING. It required NO cable repull because the engineer managed to find the connection at the cabinet.

speeds are currently fluctuating as it is a new connection. I do plan on buying another router and running it in modem mode. 

if I go near the router I get a download speeds of 380mbps. I’m happy. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

speeds are currently fluctuating as it is a new connection.
Not how cable works. The speeds you get are the speeds you get. No training needed line dls.

You say you get flucuating speeds on wifi. What the wired speed line

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Great. You may want to test it with a wired connection to see what your actual speed is like rather than just WiFi. 

0 Kudos