Menu
robin_osborne
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

When will Virgin connect our service

We placed an order to have broadband connected back in March. We still haven’t been connected. Several engineers have called the cable was run to the house from the front of property. They couldn’t get the cable through to the nearest street junction box because the cables were damaged by building works just down the road. I’ve spent hours on the phone trying to get this sorted. Virgin will not allow me to talk with the local install department. Finally two weeks ago they dug up the pavement down the street. I walked past and could see 5 cables that had been cut twice about 10 mts apart where the access to the new building car park driveway is. Still waiting for Virgin to come back and finish installation. My wife is a key worker and has to work from home at the moment zoom meetings, clerical admin, dealing with ill and dying people. Virgin have been told this but they really don’t care. I read somewhere that posting on here might actually get a response from Virgin. 

0 Kudos
Sam_p2
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will Virgin connect our service

Hey if you send me over you postcode name and telephone number ill be able to chase this up and get sales team to get in touch with you as im a technician in Birmingham 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
robin_osborne
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sam.
Thanks for getting in touch.

Postcode  [REMOVED]

phone contact [REMOVED]

Thanks Robin Osborne 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi robin_osborne,

Welcome to our Community Forum and sorry to hear about your installation delay. I've had a look at your details and can see that there are notes about construction but I cannot see details about it exactly. Was you given an email or contact for the Construction Team and if so did you get any reply?  

Can you confirm where there has been any activity since two weeks ago and now?

Sorry for the questions, I just want to get a clearer picture.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
robin_osborne
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No Lisa.

I wasn’t given any contact details. 

No contact since the pavement was dug up 2 weeks ago

Robin

0 Kudos
robin_osborne
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Nothing yet but I’m not surprised 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry you've not had an update Robin_osborne. I'll send you a Private Message so I can take some details and have a look. Please reply back to it 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
robin_osborne
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Lisa, 

Ive not received a PM from you. I had a notification that you had answered on this thread and tried replying on that only to be told it isn’t allowed. Therefore assume it’s not the PM you said you’re sending !

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Apologies robin_osborne, it was stuck in my folder. I've sent it now 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
robin_osborne
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well I’ve spoken to Lisa who was going to talk to the installation team. But not heard anything back from either.

0 Kudos