cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

When will I get the Hub 5? Upgraded to Gig 1.

John757
Joining in

Recently upgraded to the Gig 1 package, I was told on live chat multiple times I would get a Hub 5.

The kit was due to be delivered on the 16th July when the new speeds were supposed to come into effect. I received a Virgin Stream Box only, but no Hub 5. I've been back on live chat who told me the Hub 5 should have arrived on the 16th with the Stream box, no further help.

My account is still showing my current package as M500 too? 

Now what do I do? Confused as to what's going on and if I've even had my package upgraded.

On M500 I used to get the advertised speeds. Now I'm supposed to get 1gig, I'm getting a max of 420Mbps download and around 65Mbps upload over ethernet, with a known working cable. On top of that, those speeds are going up and down like a YoYo. So the upload has gone up and download gone down πŸ‘Ž

If any mods are able to assist, I'd be greatful, otherwise I'll probably cancel as I'm not getting anywhere with other support channels.

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What hub do you currently have?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hub 4, but it's looking tired. WiFi keeps stopping and needs rebooting. 

John757
Joining in

I'll add, that I've reset to factory defaults a number of times with no resolution.

cje85
Trouble shooter

The Hub 4 works with 1Gig. What does the Max Traffic Rate show?

To find it go to http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.100.1 if using modem mode, click Check Router Status, then under Configuration, look for Max Traffic Rate under Primary Downstream Service Flow.

If it starts with 575  you're still on 500Mb. In that case any speed variations will just be a coincidence as the speed upgrade hasn't happened and nothing has changed. 

As above for the technical aspects. I would also argue that it is likely that you are still contractually entitled to a Hub 5 given the undertakings apparently given to you repeatedly in writing by VM. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here