cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Fibre Broadband be availble in my area?

leonmmc88
Joining in

Please can you advise when fibre broadband will be available in my area? A VM fibre cabinet has recently been installed meters away from my house and ducting appears to be taking place on my road. Area is Bishopthorpe village near York. Postcode YO23.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Legend

When the same happened for us, online orders opened about 1 month after all ground works completed on our side of the street.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @leonmmc88,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and for your interest in joining our services! 😁

You can keep an eye on our Post Code Checker page to see if our services are available at your property. If they are, you can take a look at our offers to see if you can find a deal that would suit you best. 

You can also give our Sales team a call directly on 0800 183 1234 so that we can find a best suited package to your needs.

Please keep us updated on this and let us know if there's anything else we can help with. 

Thank you! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

betaspin
On our wavelength

To revive this topic, according to https://one.network/, there are no further VM-related roadworks in YO23 (Bishopthorpe), and all Heneghans crews have left. A walk around the village suggests that all ducting has been completed, there are black boxes on the poles in streets with poles, most of these have been raised to full height, and yet https://virg.in/checker is still saying "Sorry! Our services are currently unavailable at this address.". It appears that the VMO2 community lead for the area is Gary Langley, but I have been unable to find an email address or phone number. What could VM be waiting for before sending in the Sales team?  

Hey betapsin, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community and for your interest in joining us.

If you are looking to join us, I will send you a PM to get some information from you.

Please look out for my message in your inbox. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@betaspin wrote:

To revive this topic, according to https://one.network/, there are no further VM-related roadworks in YO23 (Bishopthorpe), and all Heneghans crews have left. A walk around the village suggests that all ducting has been completed, there are black boxes on the poles in streets with poles, most of these have been raised to full height, and yet https://virg.in/checker is still saying "Sorry! Our services are currently unavailable at this address.". It appears that the VMO2 community lead for the area is Gary Langley, but I have been unable to find an email address or phone number. What could VM be waiting for before sending in the Sales team?  

As I say to most people, the groundwork is just the first stage of the network build. The vast majority of the work goes on behind the scenes at the local headend or in between. Usually the bigger the area of expansion the longer the wait.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

betaspin
On our wavelength

Many thanks, Matt, I have responded to your message. 

No problem at all, please do feel free to reach back out if you need anything going forward. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

betaspin
On our wavelength

Thanks, nodrogd. I thought that the stages following groundwork would not take long as there is BT ducting on the relatively short stretch of road connecting Bishopthorpe to the closest part of York (Dringhouses), and I have seen Heneghans pulling fibre through it. VM has been available in Dringhouses for a while. Anyway, I have provided Matthew_ML with my details and expect to hear from VM in due course.