Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When can I expect Info from VM? - Even had to install it from scratch - No Engineers

I have had no correspondence from Virgin Media. When can I expect the hub, logon password, default password and encryption info so that not everyone in the world can logon!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: When can I expect Info from VM? - Even had to install it from scratch - No Engineers

when the hub is delivered or installed by the engineer the login details are printed on the hub

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: When can I expect Info from VM? - Even had to install it from scratch - No Engineers

Thanks, I see the numbers, but non (apart from the serial number) make any sence. There are about 15 VM hubs in my building, all secured (WP2 etc.) but all with their original name (starting VM - you would think that would be the first think you would change. (some have)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You log on to the Hub at 192.168.0.1 using the router password from the label (not the WiFi password). Then follow the prompts to change the SSID (WiFi name) from VMxxxx to anything you like. Do this on both WiFi bands - they can be different names and this is often the best thing to do.

0 Kudos