I signed up for VM on 20th November, confirmed a requirement for new cabling to my property and was assigned a install date of 9th December.
Received SMS to confirm a pre-install is required, groundwork, and a cable pull. Had confirmation this would happen prior to 9th December.
The day before my install I received an email stating there could be an issue with my installation. Yes, the issue is that VM failed to get planning permission to do the groundwork on the footpath outside my property until the 10th -> 11th December, this was confirmed on https://one.network
Now showing installation date of 4th January 2021!
10th December - there's a hole in the pavement, the gentleman that created it said someone would likely be along later that day to pull the cable.
11th December - showing a service call - contacted VM and they assured me that the cable would be pulled that day. Scheduled a callback for 15th December to move my 4th January install back to 16th December - confirmed there are available slots on 16th, 17th, and 18th December. - nobody shows up.
12th December - showing a service call - nobody shows up.
13th December - showing a service call - nobody shows up.
14th December - showing a service call - contacted VM and assured that it was happening that day, as confirmed by the Construction team. - requested a callback for 6pm that day so they could explain why the cable was not pulled - The lady on the telephone informed me that VM have a equipment shortage (first indication of this to my knowledge) - nobody shows up.
15th December - showing a service call - (nobody will show up) - expecting a callback today to reschedule my 4th January 2021 installation back to 16th, 17th, or 18th December.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! I've had 6 days of failed installs now, I'm being lied to on every call to VM, and now you tell me there is a equipment shortage and January 4th is the absolute earliest you can install my kit.
A> I had to correlate a cancellation of my Sky contract, I gave breathing room and it's set for 24th December, but you are going to fail to connect me by that date - I now need to enquire about postponing my cancellation.
B> If you knew there was a equipment shortage, why did you propose 9th December as a installation date, especially when you didn't gain planning permission for the groundwork until 10th -> 11th December - this is deceitful in my opinion.
C> WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SORT THIS OUT?!
I have spent SEVERAL hours sitting on hold (listening to the same 4 terrible songs) just to be fobbed off by your customer services team, and blatantly lied to by everyone that I have spoken to.
Each time I have to contact you I'm given a `credit` - This is completely fictitious, at this rate I will never get your services and never have a bill to pay, so you are giving me a credit against something that I do now owe.
Can the forum team please step in and make some sense of this situation?
They really have no idea when they are going to install and the departments don't talk to each other, and they only find out about problems on the day, so an install could take a week, or could take 6 months.
You basically have 2 options: you keep your current ISP running in the background whilst you wait for VM to be installed and maybe one day they'll complete the installation and you can cancel your current ISP.
Or, you cancel the installation and remain with your current ISP.
It's really that simple.
Ringing them every day asking for updates just increases your stress levels which isn't good for anyone.