Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

What to do with replacement Hub 3?

After having lost broadband service I was sent out a replacement hub 3. I don't know why this is the call centres 'go to' fix for everything but we will leave that hanging there!

Long and short of it is that the broadband righted itself before the technician appointment but I am now sitting with a new hub 3. I'm not convinced there was ever anything wrong with the existing hub 3 (which was less than 1 year old) and I think it's wasteful to just switch them over for the hell of it. My inclination is to send the new Hub back but I'm concerned that (a) it will just be destroyed and (b) VM might de-activate my existing Hub in the meantime on the assumption that I will be using the new one.

Any suggestions what to do or who to contact would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What to do with replacement Hub 3?

Hi PLANIT,

Thank you for getting in touch regarding your replacement Hub 3. I'm glad that your connection is back up and running as it should be.

New equipment would only be sent out if this is deemed a viable and appropriate resolution following a number of diagnostic tests and questions. If you no longer need this equipment, we'd love for you to send it back to us. We refurbish and recycle as much of our equipment as possible, so I can assure you that this hub wouldn't be destroyed offhand.

As long as you haven't responded to any activation messages or completed the install of the new hub, the old one should not be switched off. We would continue to provide service to your existing equipment and would remove the new one from your account once processed back through our warehouse.

Was pre-paid returns packaging included in the pack you received with the new hub? If so, just pop it in here and follow the instructions to return this to us at your convenience. If not, please let me know and I'll arrange for some to be sent straight to your property free of charge.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What to do with replacement Hub 3?

Hi Rachael and thanks for the response.

I never activated the new replacement hub - in fact it is still in the sealed poly bag.

The new hub came with pre-paid return packaging (for the 'old' hub) so I will just use that.

Steve

0 Kudos